Wednesday, November 10, 2010

JAZZ ME UP BABY

Carmen McCrae played her games with me. She touched my heart while breathing sweet melody in my ear..."All is fair in looovvvee"....She moved me to a place painted with red, stone cold beneath my feet. And in the corners of this ruins were eyes,
Crawling up on me
Crawling up my thighs
Digging through my eyes.

And as I kept walking, a voice soared above me like a musical ribbon that hangs from the high rocks where temples perch. There he was, John Coltrane serenades me as wind moves above the floor, with a rhythm gnawing at me.

In this place was a war between strings and keys.
He moved towards me, tongue in cheeks he resonates in treble clef, bass, alto and tenor..." Baby, do you know my heart?...I take nothing from you, but give all to you..."
Tata ta doodoo doom

I stood with wild eyes as women spun cartwheels joyously in torn chemise. Men stood and twirled the mustaches. Voices were an instrument bouncing off the feet of wandering souls.
Ascends the rapids.
Abyss without limits.
Blood and flesh vanishes.
Bodies dispossessed.
Space becomes void.

"Whhooo yah....baby spin me harder, lift me higher" dancing in motion...motions without actions.

Homer and Troubadours with their siren sung. Like solemn in a prayer, their hands clasped around me, reverence in vocal mutiny....Pulling me to the dance floor.
Memories echoes and echoes,
they swung me high,
twirled me around in notes so profound.
Skirts danced,
Pianos strum my waltz,
Hair whips with fierceness.

Badaboom...Tata ta ta....saxophone resounds.

Frolicking on the axis of the wheel of life in music and cocktails. High enough to the feel the golden stars brush my face and moon glowing with sweet ambiance. And beneath me, was no one to catch me...The music stopped.

Alone nude in my bed room with the boom box playing silence...I felt the cold floor on my cheeks.
I sleep now with a stereo in my dreams...Jazz me up baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment