Friday, October 29, 2010

WOUNDS

This one is another dream. I grew up hearing that dreams tell a story...a story of your fears...of your desires...of love. So i wake some morning and write what I saw. They tell a story I believe...It says alot about my dreams.

I remember walking a narrow road
A fine line dividing reality from dreams
Dividing life from death, But I must
walk the narrow path to reach the gates
that will find love forever.
While traveling that road I searched for paths
that could lead me to the gates fast.
The sun shone like there was no tomorrow,
like there was no end.
But I continued...
quenched my thirst with the salt and sweat of life
Fed myself on rhetorical love
Enough to carry me through.
Yet the fire of desires raging
only showed me the unreachable.
I grabbed to gain, but got nothing
I wounded myself from the anticipation.
I finally reached the gates
I finally found love...
BUT I WAS TOO WEAK TO HOLD ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment